Man killed family, including 15-year-old boy, then himself at Casselberry condo, police say πŸ’₯πŸ‘©πŸ‘©πŸ’₯

Three adults and a 15-year-old boy are dead in Casselberry in what police say is a triple-homicide and suicide.

A man is suspected of killing his wife, mother-in-law and 15-year-old step-son on Tuesday morning with a handgun he legally bought on June 2.

Casselberry Police Chief Larry Krantz said the initial 911 call was made by one of the women, but they believe the 15-year-old boy then took the phone and said he’d been shot. A neighbor in the apartment unit below the victims also called 911 after hearing yelling and four gunshots, Krantz said.

CPD, accompanied by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office and Seminole County Fire Department, responded to the shooting at 2333 Coawood Court around 7:20 a.m. After ramming down a dead-bolted door, the officers and deputies found the suspect on the couch in the living room with the handgun he’d bought, Krantz said. The two women and boy were all in the second bedroom. All four had been shot.

Paramedics treated the four, but none survived.

β€œWe’re clueless as to why this incident happened,” Krantz said during a press conference Tuesday afternoon.

The suspect does not have a history of violence or arrests. In 2020, Krantz said he’d made a 911 call expressing a desire to no longer be with his wife, and about nine months later, the wife called 911 expressing concern about jealousy she detected in her husband, spurred by alleged infidelity.

Neither call resulted in an arrest.

On June 9, less than a week before the shooting, the wife made another 911 call about her husband having a gun in the home, Krantz said.

Breaking News

As it happens

Be the first to know with email alerts on important breaking stories from the Orlando Sentinel newsroom.

She’d heard that her husband was supposed to be selling the gun to someone else, and that was who she was concerned about, Krantz said.

β€œEverything indicated to the officers on the scene at the time that even if he possessed a firearm he was legally permitted to carry one, and it was in his home,” Krantz said. β€œIt was no threats, it was no crime reported, it was just a concern of hers.”

Krantz said the suspect may have purchased the gun for self-protection in light of the recent school shootings across the country.

The wife may have endured two incidents of domestic violence before the shooting, but neither were reported to law enforcement, Krantz said.

β€œThis is troubling for my investigators,” he said. β€œThis has been a tremendously tragic incident where they’ve gone out and seen a 15-year-old young man dead, for reasons that we don’t know.”

The agency has not publicly identified those involved. The investigation is still active but there is not believed to be any danger to the public, according to CPD.

[email protected]

Man killed family, including 15-year-old boy, then himself at Casselberry condo, police say

Get link

xoonews.com

websitetrafficnews.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *